From Start-up to Times Magazine’s Best Inventions Winner
David Cannington, CMO, Co-founder and Executive Director at Nuheara shares the remarkable story of how this consumer hearables company is disrupting an industry.
Nuheara has won; Times Magazine 100 Best Innovations in 2020 Award; Company of the Year by Consumer Technology Association (who run CES) 2021; and an Innovation Oz award 2021.
- David’s fascinating background including the role he played during his 20 years in San Francisco, helping Aussie and New Zealand tech companies enter the US market
- How David and Co-founder Justin Miller saw the opportunity to create a new market category in consumer hearables
- How they’ve used elements of The Lean Startup and The Innovator’s Dilemma in their disruptive market strategy
- The challenges of scaling the business and taking on giants like Apple and Amazon
- How David has built a world-class in-house marketing team, complemented with specialist agencies
- How Nuheara’s multi-channel strategy has paid off with seven global Shopify sites, complemented with a retail play
- The importance of a test and learn, digital marketing strategy in E-commerce
- The importance of focusing on your customers and why David talks with at least two customers every week to stay in touch
- How they bring customer insights back to product development
- The power of authentic storytelling and testimonials
- Finally, we explore how Nuheara uses speed to innovate and speed to market as a competitive advantage.
David is a seasoned international sales and marketing executive with experience across consumer and technology sectors. David cut his teeth launching new consumer products in the UK and building global consumer brands in Australia working for Fortune 1000 marketing and advertising companies. He’s advised many startups on go-to-market and growth strategies and was the founding CEO of ANZA Technology Network, a leading cross-pacific technology entrepreneurs network.
P.S. As always, we have detailed notes available for this episode. Enter your email address in the form provided and download the PDF summary notes of our conversation with David, with all the tips and strategies laid out in an easy-to-read format.
- Times Magazine 100 Best Inventions of 2020
- Nuheara names Company of the Year by Consumer Technology Association 2021
- Nuheara wins Innovation Oz Award 2021
- Podcast – Hidden Brain
Contact David Cannington
- Find David on LinkedIn or Twitter and mention you heard him on the podcast. Or you can email him email@example.com
- Find out more about Nuheara
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review.
This episode was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.