We demystify front-end from full-stack, DevOps to Agile.
The purpose of this episode is to help you understand more about your developers and development teams. We dive into a variety of related topics, including:
- The changing role of developers:
- Web vs software developers;
- Front-end vs back-end vs full-stack developers;
- Critical roles of a development team; and
- An overview of languages used by different developers.
- How CMOs can get the best from their development teams:
- Cross-functional team design;
- DevOps vs Agile;
- Various concepts such as cloud computing, Serverless and infrastructure by code; and
- Other tips to get the best from your development teams.
- Leveraging technology better:
- How CMOs should be thinking about technology and where to start;
- How to build stronger relationships with IT, vendors and consulting companies; and
- How companies and developers with outdated languages can manage a two tier economy.
This one does get a little technical, but we have notes available via our website. Look out for this episode and download the notes. Enjoy the episode.
- Amazon Web Services – Serverless Computing.
- Eric Ries – The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses.
- Gene Kim – The Phoenix Project (A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win).
- Gene Kim – The Unicorn Project.
- Norman Tuckman – Stages of Team Development (via MIT).
Contact Hamish Tedeschi
- Find Hamish on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast. Find out more about Mechanical Rock.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a review!