Jonathan Metrick, Operating Partner at Sagard joins us on the episode today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jonathan’s role at Sagard and how investment companies have shifted their focus from growth at any cost, to sustainable growth and profitability and how crucial this is post 2022.
- The research report that Jonathan and co-author Kimberly Whitler released this year to help answer a common CMO question – how to design a marketing team structure and how this should change as a company scales.
- Jonathan shares the three company growth stages identified in the report – early, developing and mature and the characteristics associated with these.
- Jonathan explains the typical marketing team structures, responsibilities and leadership profiles associated with the three company growth stages.
- How CMOs can lead an upward company growth stage transition including common traps to avoid.
- How the company growth stage can be a useful consideration for marketing professionals and leaders considering the best-fit roles for them.
- How AI is having an impact on marketing team design and structure.
Enjoy the show!
P.S. – As always, we have detailed notes available for this episode. To access these, head to our website, look out for this episode and download the PDF summary notes of our conversation with all the tips and strategies laid out in an easy-to-read format.
- Jonathan Metrick & Kimberley Whitler Design Your Marketing Organization to fit your company’s growth scale.
- HBR’s 10 must reads on strategic marketing
- Give away your legos and other commandments for scaling start-ups
- What Every marketing leader must know about finance with Adam Fraser on episode 48 of the Lean Mean Marketing Team Podcast
- Find Jonathan on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design, align and optimise your marketing team so you can drive more growth. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
Help us help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Clare Ryan.