Shay Howe shares the strategies and tactics he uses to drive results within a hypergrowth marketing team in his role as CMO at ActiveCampaign.
Note: Ty and/or Lean Mean Marketing Teams Podcast are not an affiliate of Active Campaign.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Shay’s leadership strategies and approaches to leading a marketing team at a hyper-growth company.
- How the marketing team is structured including the sub-teams within the three pillars of (1) Demand (2) Brand (3) Partnerships.
- Agile Marketing practices used at ActiveCampign. Shay shares a specific example of how Agile Marketing helped activate a target e-commerce vertical. (Find out how Growth Generators can help your team implement Agile Marketing)
- The role of the Marketing Operations function within the team and how it has been leveraged to optimise value.
- How AI, data and analytics as well as customer interactions are used to inform marketing activities and strategy as well as drive customer centricity.
Though the ActiveCampaign marketing team are operating within a hyper-growth organisation, we are confident that the tips, reflections and strategies that Shay shares will be relevant to any modern marketing team no matter the size.
Enjoy the show!
P.S. – As always, we have detailed notes available for this episode. To access these, head to our website, look out for this episode and download the PDF summary notes of our conversation with, with all the tips and strategies laid out in an easy-to-read format.
- Find out more about ActiveCampaign
- Patrick Lencioni – The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
- Chris Zook and James Allen – The Founder’s Mentality
- Elad Gill – The High-Growth Handbook
- Chris Voss – Never Split the Difference
- Find Shay on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design, align and optimise your marketing team so you can drive more growth. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
Help us help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Clare Ryan.
Thank you and enjoy the show!