Jessica Gilmartin, Chief Marketing Officer of Calendly, joins us on this episode. We discuss:
- How Jessica built trust within her team through exploratory meetings with team members, showing vulnerability and using team feedback to create (and ultimately share) her work plans and objectives.
- How Jessica managed different impressions between the marketing and executive teams and her approach to communicating the purpose and story of the marketing team internally.
- How Jessica significantly improved strategic and team alignment by collaboratively facilitating the creation of a set of OKRs within the marketing department. Jessica provides a sample of OKRs used within the Calendly marketing team.
- The overall marketing team design at Calendly and how Jessica’s prior experience in creating a product-led growth business positioned her to lead the team as CMO.
- Jessica explains her clear and logical two-step decision-making process when deciding whether to go in-house or outsource certain resources to agencies.
- The crucial role that marketing plays in supporting customer retention efforts and how Jessica’s team works with sales to ensure this support is nurtured.
Enjoy the show!