In marketing, if you stand still, you fall behind. So it’s critical to stay curious about new technologies and explore how to introduce them into your marketing strategy.
Although the metaverse and Web3 have received a lot of attention, many marketers are still working out what’s hype and what’s real, and how to get started. Steve breaks this down for you.
Steve also shares some practical tips to help your team be more productive, which is welcome advice given the increasing workloads facing many marketers.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The onset of Web3, NFTs, and the Metaverse and their basic definitions
- Specific use cases for NFTs
- How (and why) small companies should embrace this emergent tech
- Why Web3 should be embraced going forward
- Examples of companies that have entered the metaverse and are doing it well
- How Web3 can change the way that brands build communities and reward customer engagement
- The prevalence and prominence of DAOs (decentralised autonomous organisations) and what impact they might have on agencies and staffing
- Steve Glaveski’s framework to boost productivity: Cut the CRAP.
- C for Consensus-seeking
- R for Responsiveness
- A for Availability
- P for Process Paralysis
- Steve’s advice for how CMOs can scale their own content marketing – he should know, Steve’s authored two books, written loads of blog articles and published hundreds of podcast episodes
- The value of emotional intelligence, the value of ownership over your work, and the value of your time.
- And more!
About Our Guest
Steve Glaveski is the founder and CEO of Collective Campus and community-owned web3 accelerator, Metarise, and his mission is to unlock the latent potential of people to create impact in the world and lead more fulfilling lives.
He co-founded children’s entrepreneurship program, Lemonade Stand, is the author of several books, including Wiley books Time Rich: Do Your Best Work, Live Your Best Life (May 2020), Employee to Entrepreneur: How To Earn Your Freedom and Do Work That Matters (2019), is a contributor to the Harvard Business Review and hosts the award-winning Future Squared podcast. He founded the media network, NoFilter, during the pandemic. He previously worked for the likes of EY, KPMG, Westpac and Macquarie Bank.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you create a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework.
- Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn or Twitter and let us know what you think of the show.
Help us continue to help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.
Thank you and enjoy the show!