Discover the skills to become a fulfilled marketer.
In the age of the ‘great resignation’ and the ‘great migration’, there’s never been a better time to become a whole marketer and take complete ownership of your career.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What it means to be a whole marketer, including how to better understand yourself and others, and how to make intentional career and life choices and goals that align with your values.
- The required soft, leadership and technical skills to be an effective marketing leader.
- The importance of engaging and involving a wide range of stakeholders when developing your marketing strategy
- How to socialise your strategy to get stakeholders on board.
- Abby shares some great tips for those of you who are uncomfortable with the politician parts of your role.
- Why and how marketers should be taking ownership of the commercial agenda for your organisation.
- Why a long-term marketing strategy is still required in today’s rapidly changing world.
- The difference in company orientation from being product-oriented, to sales-oriented to production-focused – to the holy grail of being marketing-oriented.
- What this means in terms of the remit of marketing, and the size and composition of the marketing team.
About our guest
Abigail Dixon is Author and Podcast Host, The Whole Marketer, and Director and Founder of Labyrinth Marketing
Abigail is an award-winning chartered marketer and consultant, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), an accredited course director and trainer, and an accredited International Coaching Federation coach.
Contact Abigail Dixon
- Website (access the book and podcast here): www.thewholemarketer.com
- Abigail Dixon @LinkedIn; Instagram: @thewholemarketer
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you create a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework.
- Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn or Twitter and let us know what you think of the show.
Help us continue to help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.
Thank you and enjoy the show!