Kelley Johnson, Lead, Student Experience Platforms (Salesforce) at UTS explains the ins and outs of implementing Salesforce.
If you’re interested in procuring Salesforce or a competitor product to help optimise your CX – then this episode will teach you how to go about it.
“It’s not just the product you’re buying. It’s all the governing around that – security policies, data policies, privacy policies … You do not want to have any breaches.”
Growth Generator is not an affiliate for Salesforce and featuring this product is not intended as an endorsement.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Kelley’s pivotal career moments, including three leaders that had a profound influence on Kelley’s career
- Why UTS chose to deploy Salesforce and how it aligned with their digital experience strategy
- Insights into the procurement process itself including what set Salesforce apart
- The importance of having the right people at the procurement table – and giving them enough time to absorb, review and contribute to the process
- The importance of building requirements with the end-users of the software
- How the response from vendors can tell you a lot about how much effort they’re willing to put into your account
- Which Salesforce modules UTS chose to purchase and why
- Which internal audiences are using Salesforce
- Why marketers today, need to have an IT sense and sensibility
- The four must-have roles you need on your team to get out of the blocks with Salesforce
- The biggest challenges and the wins so far
Kelley is an accomplished leader with more than 25+ years’ experience in digital technology. Her expertise extends to strategy, operations, digital transformation, stakeholder/partner engagement and design.
This is an insightful conversation about implementing one of the most prolific sales automation stacks out there.
- University of Sydney Technology
- UTS 2027 Strategy
- Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud Platform
- Salesforce’s Social Studio
- Salesforce’s Advertising Studio
- Salesforce’s Email Studio
- Power: A Woman’s Guide to Living and Leading Without Apology,” by Kemi Nekvapil
Contact Kelley Johnson
- Find Kelley on LinkedIn and mention you heard her on the podcast.
- Email Kelley any follow-up questions you have, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more about UTS
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you create a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework.
- Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn or Twitter and let us know what you think of the show.
Help us continue to help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.
Thank you and enjoy the show!