Conquer the fear that holds you or your team back.
“Nobody likes to fail…but if they have imposter syndrome, even the smallest indiscretion is a catastrophe.” Alison Shamir
Imposter syndrome reportedly affects 70% of the global population – so it may affect you, or your team at some point.
If you’ve ever discounted your own intelligence, skills, confidence and ability – despite evidence to the contrary – then it’s likely you have experienced this syndrome.
The costs are high- personally, it can cost your voice, your job, the promotion, and the rewards of being recognised for your ideas and talents.
As an organisation, it can reduce collaboration and innovation, and cause high-performers to leave.
It can also create micro-managers that possess over data and occasionally throw team members under the bus due to their own imposter syndrome.
Tune in to find out what it is, what you can do personally, and as a leader to help beat it and help your team thrive.
Today’s guest is Alison Shamir – an Imposter Syndrome & Confidence Expert, Coach, Speaker and Media Contributor who spent 10+ years in senior roles in Technology and Media sectors.
Certified in Applied Neuroscience and Brain Health, Alison arms her audience with the knowledge and evidence-based methods grounded in science to overcome imposter syndrome, build confidence and do the deep work needed to rewire the brain and achieve the success they desire.
P.S. As always we have detailed notes available for this episode. Enter your email address in the form provided and download the PDF summary notes of our conversation with all the tips and strategies laid out in an easy to read format.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Limitless by Jim Kwik
- The source by Tara Swart
- Secrets Thoughts of Successful Women by Valerie Young
- Ditching Imposter Syndrome by Clare Josa
Contact Alison Shamir
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you create a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework.
- Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn or Twitter and let us know what you think of the show.
Help us continue to help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.
Thank you and enjoy the show!