In this episode, we explore:
- What PLG is including the fundamentals you need to get started
- How PLG can be applied to any industry, and what it means for marketing teams and CMOs
- How it changes the dynamics of an organisation and the skills needed in the marketing team
- How CMOs can use PLG to play a bigger role and have a bigger impact in their organisation
- From MQLs (Marketing Qualified Leads) to Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) to Product Qualified Leads (PQLs)
- We dispel some myths about PLG and explain in which situations it is inappropriate to adopt
- The growth mindset needed including the 4 key attributes for any modern marketer to thrive at PLG
- The new course, Rocket Ship Scholars that Unlocking Growth has launched to upskill Aussies in PLG – listen out for how to apply for one of their 5 free scholarships to the program. *Applications close 20 March 2022.
Never heard of PLG? Peter explains ‘PLG is about surfacing the value of the product as an enabler to drive more sales’. So instead of telling people about your value proposition, you show them.
In typical SaaS it includes models like freemium and free trials, but in non-SaaS it can include webinars, events, whitepapers and other tactics deployed throughout the funnel by Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Success and Customer Support.
Peter is an Aussie with a remarkable career including 20yrs in Silicon Valley. Peter established and led the growth and product management across IBM, he’s been VP of marketing for Safety Culture, Product Development Program Manager at Hutchison 3G – plus a range of experience founding, running and consulting with Startups.
Peter’s now helping startups and businesses in Australia to scale faster using a product-led growth approach through his leading product-led growth consultancy, Unlocking Growth.
P.S. As always, we have detailed notes available for this episode. To access these, head to our website, look out for this episode and download the PDF summary notes of our conversation with Peter, with all the tips and strategies laid out in an easy-to-read format.
Contact Peter Ikladious
- Find Peter on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast. Find out more about Unlocking Growth, and their Product-Led Growth course, Rocketship Scholars.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you create a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework.
- Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn or Twitter and let us know what you think of the show.
Help us continue to help you
- Hit follow so you get each new episode as it drops to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team.
- Please take a moment to rate and review us on your favourite platform.
We love hearing from our listeners and your ratings and feedback help us continue to attract the best guests and improve the show.
This podcast was produced by Ty Hayes and edited by Lewis Hallam.
Thank you and enjoy the show!