A sales masterclass with Luigi Prestinenzi, Co-Founder and Head of Growth at Sales IQ.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The typical roles and functions in a sales team and how structures will never be the same after COVID;
- The sales funnel and what roles you need at each stage from SDRs (sales development reps) to AEs (account executives) and AMs (account managers);
- The critical role of the sales manager and not forgetting customer success and the crucial role they play in retaining and expanding clients;
- The rise of the Chief Revenue Officer and the emerging roles like sales ops, and engineers;
- Different sales structures from the assembly line or funnel to the 360 sales cycle and pods, and the importance of context when designing the right sales structure;
- The importance of incentivisation, what separates good salespeople from the great ones and the one technique you must use in every sales person interview;
- The key sales tech tools that a team needs to be successful; and
- Why sales and marketing teams are often at loggerheads and how to build trust and align with sales by developing a deep, shared understanding of the customer and aligning on metrics and goals wherever possible.
Luigi has over 20 years of sales experience, hosts a podcast Sales IQ, and helps organisations such as HubSpot, DocuSign, SAP, and SalesForce transform their sales results through the sales enablement courses, training and coaching that Luigi and his organisation provides.
This is a fun conversation about both sales and the alignment of sales and marketing. So whether you are joining or running a sales team, you need to build a modern sales team or if you just need to better understand and align with the sales team, there’ll be plenty in this episode for you.
Enjoy the show!
- Justin Michael & Tony Hughes – Tech-Powered Sales: Achieve Superhuman Sales Skills.
- LinkedIn (published by Stephen Balsky) – The Transtheoretical Model of Human Behaviour in Sales.
- Sangram Vajre – Account-Based Marketing For Dummies.
- Seth Godin – Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable.
Contact Luigi Prestinenzi
- Find Luigi on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast. Find out more about Sales IQ Global.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review.