Christina Del Villar, Founder and Chief Marketing Strategist, joins us on this episode. Christina is author of the book, Sway: Implement the G.R.I.T. Marketing Method to Gain Influence and Drive Corporate Strategy, which is discussed throughout the interview today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The G.R.I.T. Marketing Method: G – go-to-market strategy; R – repeatable, predictable and measurable; I – intention and T – tools and technology;
- What’s wrong with how companies are currently developing their go-to-market strategy, and how to get this right by developing the strategy together, with all four legs of the chair involved – including marketing, product, sales and customer success;
- The role that marketing can play through the customer journey, from influencing the product blueprint, to supporting customer success;
- The key MarTech tools needed for any SME; and
- The first three marketing hires that Christina would make for an early stage startup.
Christina’s book is for any marketing leader that knows they can have a bigger impact and greater influence in their organisation. It includes useful frameworks and toolkits that map out where marketing should focus in each stage of the customer journey, as well as other hard-earned advice on how to grow your influence through empathy and intention.
Christina is a Silicon Valley marketing executive, consultant and author who geeks out on helping companies transform, grow and scale and leveraging technology. With over 25 years of experience, spanning 20 startups and Fortune 100 companies including Udacity, Autodesk, Oracle and Zip2 – one of Elon Musk’s very first startups. Tune into the episode to hear about what Christina learned from working with Elon.
Enjoy the show!
P.S. – Lean Mean Marketing Teams are giving away five copies of the book, signed by Christina to you! To go into the competition, follow two easy steps:
- Share a link to this episode on social media with a comment on what you learned or liked from the episode; and
- Email host Ty Hayes a screenshot of your post to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tag him in your post on Twitter (@tyronhayes) or LinkedIn.
The first five (5) people that do this will get a signed copy mailed to them. Go on, do it and grab yourself some holiday reading!
- Ann Hiatt – Bet on Yourself: Recognize, Own, and Implement Breakthrough Opportunities.
- Christina Del Villar – Sway: Implement the G.R.I.T. Marketing Method to Gain Influence and Drive Corporate Strategy. Find it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Mike Geller, Rolly Keenan and Brandi Starr – CMO to CRO: The Revenue Takeover by the Next Generation Executive.
- Stephen R. Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Contact Christina Del Villar
- Find Christina on LinkedIn and mention you heard her on the podcast. Find out more about Christina Del Villar.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review.