How to develop a creative, agile, inclusive, risk-taking team culture.
Holly Ransom, CEO and Founder at EMERGENT, joins us on this episode. Holly is author of the book, The Leading Edge: Dream big, spark change and become the leader the world needs you to be, which is discussed throughout the interview today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What you can do to reinvigorate the curiosity and creativity within your team;
- How to embrace diversity from all angles in your life, your work and in your team;
- The importance of asking the question “whose view haven’t I got?” – why diversity is powerless without inclusion, and how to create psychological safety for your team;
- The need to unlearn for us to make space to learn what we need to thrive into the future; and
- A reminder to explore our own purpose and our own inner why in order to use our position as marketing leaders to make lasting change.
Holly is a globally renowned content curator, powerful speaker and master interviewer, who has interviewed the likes of Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Richard Branson, Billie Jean King, Condoleezza Rice, and the world’s first humanoid robot, Sophia.
Holly was named one of Australia’s most influential women by the Australian Finance Review, was Richard Branson’s nominee for Wired Magazine’s Smart List future game-changers to watch, and was also awarded the US embassy’s Eleanor Roosevelt Award for leadership excellence in 2019.
The interview only touches on the many lessons, theories, frameworks and stories in Holly’s book, so I do encourage you to buy a copy of Holly’s book, you will not regret it. Alternatively, you can listen to the audio book, narrated by Holly.
Enjoy the show!
- Energy Disruptors – Trailblazer 04: Seth Godin.
- Holly Ransom – The Leading Edge: Dream big, spark change and become the leader the world needs you to be. Access the audio book version here.
- Jim Collins – Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t.
- Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz – The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal.
- Josh Kaufman – The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything . . . Fast!
- Malcolm Gladwell – Outliers: The Story of Success.
- Stephen R. Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Susan Cain – Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.
- TED – Do schools kill creativity? Sir Ken Robinson.
- TEDx Talks – Building a psychologically safe workplace | Amy Edmondson | TEDxHGSE.
- The Vernā Myers Company – Diversity and Inclusion.
Contact Holly Ransom
- Find Holly on LinkedIn and mention you heard her on the podcast. Find out more about Holly and EMERGENT.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review.