Murdoch Uni CMO shares his free thinking on branding and team design
Neil Cullingford is the Director Marketing & Communications at Murdoch University, a university based in Western Australia with a global presence in Singapore, Dubai and Myanmar. As Ty has spent a fair part of his working career working in tertiary institutions, this episode is a great opportunity for our listeners to discover a range of pertinent topics in this area from two experts.
In this episode we discuss:
- The impact that COVID-19 has had on the tertiary sector including the devastating effect on student mobility;
- The decline of admissions clearing houses like TISC as universities fight it out for direct domestic applications;
- Some of the positives from the pandemic, including the fast-tracking of online learning;
- The rebrand that Neil has led at Murdoch, including the rollout of new campaigns and a new visual identity; and
- How Neil is building a modern marketing team, including all the mod cons of an in-house creative production team through to a combined digital and physical engagement and experience team down to a marketing team divided into the long and the short of it.
If you liked this episode, you might also like one of our early episodes with Fabian Marrone, CMO from Monash University.
Enjoy the show!
- Idris Mootee – 60-Minute Brand Strategist: The Essential Brand Book for Marketing Professionals.
- Les Binet, Peter Field – The Long and the Short of it: Balancing Short and Long-Term Marketing Strategies.
- Murdoch University – A new brand for the future.
- Murdoch University – This is free thinking.
Contact Neil Cullingford
- Find Neil on LinkedIn or via email and mention you heard him on the podcast. Find out more about Murdoch University.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review!