Nick Leigh, Principal Designer at Meld Studios reveals his insights.
Nick is a strategic, product and service design leader, thinker, trainer and practitioner. From backyard startups through agencies, education and the corporate sector, he’s spent over 25 years designing and leading teams to create digital and customer experiences and artefacts across a broad spectrum of industries, platforms and brands.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The meaning of design in 2021 and how it intersects with CX;
- The many disciplines of Design from experience design to service design, through to UX and UI; and
- Where to start when establishing a CX and Experience design function within your organisation – what roles to hire for, what capabilities to look for and how to get your executive on side.
Other Lean Mean Marketing Teams episodes that discuss CX and the importance of customer-centricity you may want to also listen to are:
- Episode 29 with Chris Taylor – CXO at Movember;
- Episode 28 with Louise Eyres from Vanguard;
- Episode 23 with Joel Goodsir; and
- Episode 14 with Rosemary Martin.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy the show.
- British Design Council – What is the framework for innovation? Design Council’s evolved Double Diamond.
- Frederic Laloux – Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage in Human Consciousness.
- GK VanPatter – Rethinking Design Thinking: Making Sense of the Future That has Already Arrived.
- Harvard Business Review – The Value of Customer Experience Quantified.
Contact Nick Leigh
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a rating or review!