Natalie Truong shares the dos and don’ts when marketing in the distinct regions of Asia.
Natalie recently moved from Melbourne to Hong Kong and leads a hub and spoke marketing team at Mercer covering 18 different markets across the Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How brands can successfully enter markets in Asia, and how CMOs that are moving to this region, or managing teams in this region can be successful;
- Natalie’s personal experience and the adjustments Natalie had to make to her own leadership style and her expectations of how fast things might move;
- How to educate the global head office, and adjust your marketing strategy based on the unique dimensions of each market in terms of maturity, culture, tech adoption and major platforms, ecosystems and channels used;
- Important insights on what to measure and what not to measure in each market;
- How Natalie has structured her team, what unique capabilities exist in this region, and which capabilities she’s looking to build in her team;
- How Natalie is looking to develop her team in the areas of speaking up and communicating verbally; and
- The strategies to make sure that ‘yes’ actually means yes when you’re dealing with marketers and business leaders in this region.
Natalie has a stellar track record in financial services having worked at CPA, ANZ Bank, Bank of Melbourne, before holding multiple roles at Mercer- a global management organisation, with 25,000 colleagues in 43 countries, part of a Marsh McLennan group which has revenues in the billions.
Enjoy the show.
- Dan Heath – Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen.
- James Kerr – Legacy.
Contact Natalie Truong
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a review!