How to master the transition and avoid missteps.
Chris Taylor, former guest and the current (and inaugural) Chief Experience Officer (CXO) for men’s health not-for-profit Movember, returns to the show.
In our previous episode with Chris, we spoke about his former not-for-profit marketing team at the Heart Foundation for punching above their weight to become a serial winner, including taking out an AdNews Marketing Team of the Year award back in 2020.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Chris has been brought in and how he’s reshaping and building a modern team to help this organisation have an even larger global impact;
- How to make the right impact in your first 90 days and a CMO or CXO role – his strategy for success, including what he focuses on, how he goes about it, and what mistakes and pitfalls to avoid; and
- Chris’ inside tips on how to get to know your team, other members of the exec and your target audience.
We take detailed notes on every episode containing all the tips and strategies laid out in a 3-4 page summary document. If you hear something you like be sue to download the notes using the pop-up form so you can spend more time taking action, and less time taking notes.
Enjoy the show.
- Byron Sharp – How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know.
- CMO – State of the CMO 2020.
- Korn Ferry – CMO Pulse Survey 2020.
- Lis Binet and Peter Field – The Long and the Short of it: Balancing Short and Long-Term Marketing Strategies.
- SpencerStuart – CMO Tenure tudy: Progress for Women, Less for Racial Diversity.
Contact Chris Taylor
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a review!