Discover the strategic marketing frameworks every marketer needs.
Dan White, author of The Smart Marketing Book: The Definitive Guide To Effective Marketing Strategies, has spent 30 years learning what makes businesses successful, fueled by compelling brands, effective communications, customer-centric innovation and motivated teams. Dan is also one of the architects of BrandZ, the world’s leading brand equity development system.
This book is a must-have for any marketeer – whether you’re a CMO, marketing manager, or aspiring marketer. This is the handbook you need on your desk to help you tackle any marketing challenge you face. It contains dozens of hand-drawn illustrations of classic and contemporary of classic marketing frameworks and strategies such as:
- Market research’s role through the planning cycle;
- Using insights to increase sales and reduce costs;
- Brands punching above their weight (share of consideration vs. share of market);
- Business KPI pyramid (a personal favourite);
- Estimating returns from marketing;
- Ansoff’s growth strategy matrix;
- Central vs. local marketing responsibilities;
- The brand PINATA;
- BCG brand portfolio matrix;
- Burst vs. drip media spend analysis;
- Generating great innovation ideas;
- Traditional vs. Agile development; and
- Media priority matrix.
When visuals are mentioned over audio it can be difficult, so I encourage you to head to growthgenerators.io, head to the Podcast section, look out for this episode and download the notes. The cheat sheet will include all of the models that we discuss on today’s show. Otherwise, you can check out our YouTube channel and watch the video. Better yet, just buy a copy of Dan’s book, you won’t regret it.
Enjoy the show.
- Byron Sharp – How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know.
- Dan White – The Smart Marketing Book: The Definitive Guide To Effective Marketing Strategies.
- Karen Nelson-Field – The Attention Economy and How Media Works: Simple Truths for Marketers.
Contact Dan White
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a review!