Author Stacey Danheiser shares the VALUE framework from her new book Stand-out Marketing.
Stacey’s most recent book, “Stand Out Marketing: How to differentiate your organisation in a sea of sameness”, co-authored with Dr Simon Kelly and Dr Paul Johnston, is the main focus of this episode.
The book (and the interview) covers the following topics:
- The problem of the “sea of sameness” across a number of industries where companies are not differentiated or distinctive of one another, and don’t have a clear value proposition.
- The research that revealed the magnitude of this problem, why it was happening and what companies can do about it.
- The “VALUE” model – five competencies that CMOs and marketing teams can build to help their organisations stand out.
This book takes a unique and valuable approach to solving the problem by focusing on upskilling the marketing team in these key competencies, rather than suggesting a typical brand strategy or tactical approach. It’s a must read for any marketing leader serious about helping their team and their company standout.
To find out the five competencies of “VALUE” and much more, make sure to tune into this episode!
- Dr Simon Kelly, Dr Paul Johnston, Stacey Danheiser – Stand-out Marketing: How to Differentiate Your Organization in a Sea of Sameness.
- Grant Cardone – The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure.
- Harvard Business Review – Gary Hamel – Bringing Silicon Valley Inside.
- Peter C. Brown – Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning.
- Roger Fisher – Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In.
- Seth Godin – The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick).
- Simon Kelly, Paul Johnston, Stacey Danheiser – Value-ology: Aligning sales and marketing to shape and deliver profitable customer value propositions.
Contact Stacey Danheiser
- Find Stacey on LinkedIn and mention you heard her on the podcast. Stacey is CMO and Founder of SHAKE Marketing.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe so you get each new episode as it drops each week to get more tips and insights to build a high-performance marketing team, tell someone about the podcast who you think may benefit, or leave us a review!