What do you get when you cross a marketing leader with a passion for marketing, marketplaces, fashion and fintech? The answer is Malini Sietaram – Chief Revenue Officer and CMO at Brighte.
Malini has an incredible background that traverses the globe and advances from CMO for a hip-hop brand, to working her way up the ladder at Ebay, through to other CMO roles for marketplaces such as Finder and Brighte.
In this episode, Malini breaks down:
- How she grew her team from 2 to 22, including which role she hired first and why;
- How Katherine McConnell is creating a one-of-a-kind culture at Brighte by hiring nice people, that want to work together and who share the same values;
- Diversity. Recently winning a diversity award at the Finnies (FinTech awards), Malini, shares some stories of how diversity enhances creativity and customer centricity;
- The importance of alignment between different marketing teams – especially sales and marketing;
- How to use OKRs to keep the whole company incentivised to collaborate; and
- Growth marketing – why it’s not the dark arts, dirty word – but an essential capability for any marketing team.
Brighte is a company led by a phenomenal female FinTech Leader, CEO and Founder Katherine McConnell, as well as a star-studded board and investment panel including the Atlassian co-founders. Brighte is on a hockey stick growth path, just like a tech startup straight out of Silicon valley – with over 8000% growth.
This episode is packed with gems that you’ll love, including some great sayings such as “call the ball”, and “park your ego.” Find out more about Malini and Brighte by listening into this episode.
Contact Malini Sietaram
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe, share and leave us a review!