Host Ty Hayes addresses the monster in the room that plagues many marketing teams – the ‘Frankenstructures’ of unrecognisable, disconnected, marketing teams. They are common phenomena, but if left unchecked lead to team dysfunction, misalignment, politics and ineffectiveness.
- The nine “telltale” signs that you might have a ‘Frankenstructure’ on your hands;
- The four common reasons that these ‘Frankenstructures’ are created and why they are so hard to tame;
- Seven simple things you can do right now to start dealing with your monster; and
- Using a “design thinking approach” to help remodel your team
There is also a giveaway in the podcast so make sure to keep your ears out!
Ty Hayes is the host of the Lean Mean Marketing Teams podcast, and Managing Director of Growth Generators. Ty has 20 years international marketing experience and during his career as a Chief Marketing Officer he built and led Australia’s Marketing Team of the Year (AMI Awards) and was recognised as one of Australia’s top CMOs (CMO50 by IDG). Ty has worked with Deloitte on large organisation-wide transformation projects, has led multiple team restructures as a CMO, and now through Growth Generators helps other CMOs to design and build modern marketing teams that drive growth.
Have you ever worked in a Frankenstructure? Are you in one now? Make sure to tune in to find out what you can do to tame the beast.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on Linkedin.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe, share and leave us a review!