Darren Needham-Walker, Group Director Marketing and Communications at Technology One joins us in today’s podcast episode.
Darren is as passionate about technology as he is about marketing, having built a successful career in marketing roles for tech companies such as IBM, Panasonic, Lenovo, HP and most recently, TechnologyOne.
In this episode we discuss:
- What to do when you have to restructure two marketing teams into one due to a merger;
- The importance of being human and bringing staff on the journey;
- The importance of building the brand and achieving brand consistency;
- How to include the customer in your marketing and becoming more customer-centric;
- The importance of setting the right goals and measuring the right things to help the team become more commercially focused;
- Changing the conversation in the business about the impact that marketing has on organisational results;
- How to increase the capability of a team around B2B marketing;
- How to reorganise a team from a really flat structure to a new structure built around capability and workflow; and
- Leadership strategies to empower your team, clear roadblocks, free up time and create a climate where staff are encouraged to move fast and innovate.
TechnologyOne is one of Australia’s first tech start-ups. It is a Global Saas ERP company that’s listed in the top ASX 150 companies in Australia with a market cap of nearly $3 billion.
Darren is a really energetic and passionate guest with great marketing and technology insight so it is definitely worth listening to this episode.
- Daniel Coyle – The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups.
- Janine Garner – Janine Garner – Be Brilliant: How to Lead a Life of Influence.
Contact Darren Needham-Walker
- Find Darren on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast. Find out more about TechnologyOne.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe, share and leave us a review!