In today’s episode of Lean Mean Marketing Teams, you hear from Sharon Parker, Director of the Centre for Transformative Work Design at Curtin University.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The ‘future of work’ – how digitisation and automation are impacting on jobs and skills of the future.
- The responsibility managers have to use technology as a force for good and not evil.
- The concept of ‘work design’ and the ‘SMART’ work design framework that Sharon has developed.
- What managers can do to become better remote managers.
Sharon is a highly distinguished Professor of Organisational Behaviour and an ARC Laureate Fellow. In 2019, she was named among the world’s most influential Scientists by the Web of Science Group.
For practical tips to better design work for your team to keep them more motivated and less stressed, make sure to listen to this episode.
- BJ Fogg – Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything
- Business.com – Management Theory of Frederick Taylor
- Centre for Transformative Work Design – “Solving the Unsolvable”: Uncovering the Active Ingredients in the WA Undiagnosed Diseases Program
- Centre for Transformative Work Design – Tips on Working from home
- Carol Dweck – Decades of Scientific Research that Started a Growth Mindset Revolution
- Colonnade – 171% More Productive Call Center Employees?
- Jeffrey Pfeffer – Dying for a Paycheck: How Modern Management Harms Employee Health and Company Performance – and What We Can Do About It
- SMART Work Design Survey
Contact Sharon Parker
- Find Sharon on LinkedIn and mention you heard her on the podcast. Find out more about The Centre for Transformative Work Design.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage team transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on Linkedin.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe, share and leave us a review!