Chris Taylor, CMO of the Heart Foundation based in Melbourne, Australia is a marketer with over 20 years experience gained across a diverse range of industries, he’s worked for brands including Visa and Woolworths.
Having recently been awarded the Ad News Marketing Team of the Year in 2020, Chris reveals all in how to punch above your weight to build a commercially-focused, high-performance marketing team within a Not For Profit (NFP) organisation.
In this episode:
- The three criteria to look for when taking on a new CMO role;
- What it takes to transition a marketing team from a decentralised model to an award-winning centralised marketing structure;
- How to cut down your agency expenses by bringing talent in-house;
- The staggering results achieved from the award-winning ‘serial-killer’ campaign; and
- The secrets to attracting high-calibre marketing talent to take a pay cut and join a not-for-profit, for-purpose organisation.
- Byron Sharp – How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know.
Contact Chris Taylor
- Heartfoundation.org.au – make sure to do the heart age calculator
- Find Chris on LinkedIn and mention you heard him on the podcast.
Contact Growth Generators
- Find out how Ty and Growth Generators can help you design and build a modern marketing team that drives growth using our 5-stage transformation framework. Follow or connect with Ty on LinkedIn.
If you enjoy this episode please remember to subscribe, share and leave us a review!